Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bali 2010 - How to meet people

A very nice staff from the hostel who tour guided me for 2 days on his bike, for free! That's the benefit being a woman.

2010, a traveling year for me. I made 5 trips this year. And each trip left me the best memories anyone could get in their entire lives. People i get to meet, people i get to talk to and learn from, changed my perspective about life totally.

How to meet people? Someone recently asked me. Sometimes its not all but how to do it.. but more of simply, just do it. I remember when i had my first trip to Bali, I was rather freaked out. To be in a foreign place, not knowing a single soul, where to go, what to do. The thought of just be in such situation just freaks me out, not say to really BE in that situation. But i was. The first person i spoke to was the staffs at the hostel. Its the easiest. And it's their job to serve the guests. And of course, i would also want my belongings to be safe when they do room cleaning. So, my years of sales experience, PR, come into play. In most situations, it all started with a Hi, followed by a question.

"Hey.. Hi. Could you help me with this?"

SIMPLE. I mean, that's my trick when I wanna know some hot guys. And conversation would just flow. Especially for women, people would just come to us, like it or not. Unless, she is like over 70kg and smells like a sewage.

Hotel staffs. Waiters in the restaurants. People at the beach, or if you feel like being picked up at a bar, then go to the bar alone. Its important where you stay. If you want to know people, stay in a crowded place. Like a backpackers' inn and not a hotel. And most importantly, smile.



I can't remember how i started talking to these 3 guys at the hostel. Think they talk to me first. And from then, we had the best party together.
They were staying in the opposite room from mine. And of cos, the "scary" one was above them, always looking over to my room.

There was this early morning, right after partying. I decided to walk to the beach to catch the sunrise, alone. The roads were spooky. Felt like some guys would pounce on me and gang rape me. That's the worst that could happened right? I couldnt control my thoughts, and it scared the shit outta me. But still, i want to see the sunrise. As i was in the midst in of scaring myself, a bike taxi came up to me and gave me a horn. I nearly jumped out of my soul.

"Taxi?"
"No. Walk."
"Boys?"
"NO."

Yea, basically that was the conversation. Its rather dangerous i must say, but i did saw the sunrise. Its worth everything.

I never knew who i will meet. I never knew where i will end up in the next moment. I never knew what could happen next. Thats why i like it.



No comments: